6/1/2020 Volibear Balance Changes
5/27/2020 Lux Bugfix
Passive Effigy posing time increased. Abilities cast when posing as Effigy now Terrify enemies. W minion damage increased.
Adding what feels like a natural mechanic to Fiddlestick’s Q passive to enforce his identity as the scariest scarecrow, while adding some general spookiness to boot. We’re also throwing a bone to mid and top Fiddle players by increasing his waveclear since it’s a bit hard to function as a laner with his current toolset.
PASSIVE – A HARMLESS SCARECROW
Q – TERRIFY
W – BOUNTIFUL HARVEST
Base AS ratio increased.
Giving Gangplank a bump in his AS so that he can play around faster barrel combos and potentially shoot for a Zeal item instead of other AD items—meaning more crits, more explosions, and more scraps while in melee range. Notably, this will also sharpen his Trinity Force spike.
E – POWDER KEG
Q first shot damage ratio reduced.
Graves has smoked out his enemies in higher levels of play, so we’re quickdrawing back some of his Lethality-based power by curtailing his AD ratio which will also affect his ability to heavily snowball in gold. This shouldn’t affect his other builds as much, since they’re less reliant on the additional damage, so we’re hoping this encourages players to try those out too for shooting off the legs of his enemies.
Q – END OF THE LINE
Q base damage increased; minion damage reduction increased.
Despite us making him more menacing in 10.6, Hecarim is still underwhelming at almost all levels of play. Giving him some extra clear power in the jungle and output for extended combat, while making sure not to creep his minion clearing power too much.
Q – RAMPAGE
W base damage decreased later.
Although we believe Battle Janna is her best approach to the lane, her harass is weathering her enemies a little too well. Trimming down this ferocious tempest’s poke a tad.
W – ZEPHYR
Q bonus AD ratio increased. R range increased later.
As a non-Zeal marksman who is already relatively weaker than other marksman champions, we felt Kai’Sa warranted some special attention this patch outside of the aforementioned marksman changes.
Q – ICATHIAN RAIN
R – KILLER INSTINCT
E2 slow duration increased.
Our ray of sunshine has been struggling in both of her lanes in varying levels of games (all levels of play as a support and in high-elo as a mid-laner). With a longer slow, she’ll hopefully feel more reliably powerful when casting out her combo and bring more utility to her team.
E – LUCENT SINGULARITY
E cooldown increased.
Syndra is one of the strongest performing mid laners at the moment, and she’s usually seen as a relatively safe pick. We’re reducing access to her stun so that enemies can take advantage of her window of vulnerability while it’s down.
E – SCATTER THE WEAK
Q cost increased; heal on kill decreased early.
Talon continues to be one of the most powerful mid laners in high-elo, often with an early Q max. We’re carving out some of his sustain so he can’t stall out the early lane to reach his item spikes as trivially.
Q – NOXIAN DIPLOMACY
The marksman class has major durability problems, especially in the early laning phase where their power feels heavily reliant on their supports. This has been causing issues in gameplay satisfaction since a marksman’s strength relies on the length of time they’re alive. By increasing their mobility (via items) and base health, we feel that ADCs won’t be punished so aggressively when they fail and will still have a chance to bounce back and unlock their power in fights.
That being said, we’ve heard your concerns about the bot lane marksman champions that can also solo lane like Lucian and Vayne. We’re giving them a separate set of changes which you can find more details on below.
We’ve also omitted Corki, Kindred, Quinn, Senna, and Graves due to having their primary playrate in other lanes, with the understanding that Senna may be considered for similar changes in the coming patches.
Each champion listed below gets a similar base stats boost in their health and health growth.
- Jhin’s Passive – Whisper fourth shot can no longer be cancelled versus minions and monsters
- Jhin will no longer auto-target enemies and monsters with his fourth shot when idle
- Players demoting out of Master will now always land in Diamond I with 75 LP
- Fixed a bug where newly acquired Clash Banners frames were not showing up in-game or in the Profile tab
- Sylas now properly gains bonus attack speed from Passive – Petricite Burst when holding Jax’s Grandmaster’s Might via R – Hijack
- Fixed a bug where Sylas would not deal damage to all enemies with a stolen Karthus ultimate (R – Requiem)
- Singed is no longer able to use E – Fling while Suppressed from Warwick’s R – Infinite Duress
- Malzahar’s E – Malefic Visions‘s debuff now properly spreads onto the closest target even after killing zombie Sion during the ability’s effect
- Aatrox will properly heal from Passive – Deathbringer Stance or E – Umbral Dash when attacking an enemy Malphite with Passive – Granite Shield
- Gragas is no longer able to stun enemies that are reasonably apart from each other by casting E – Body Slam through a wall on one target and then Flashing onto the other
- Lissandra’s Frozen Thralls will no longer count as allies and take a portion of her Turret Plating gold if they are nearby
- When a player is executed by a neutral damage source (minions, monsters, turrets, etc.), they will no longer get the early game death Homeguards