Third Person ADS will make its much-anticipated debut on PS4 as a limited time, unranked Solos Arcade Mode starting on Thursday, May 2! The streamlined control scheme has been designed to feel fluid and intuitive on console controllers; simply tapping L2 will toggle your character into Third Person ADS, which you’ll be able to maintain while sitting, proning, moving, and interacting (all actions except sprinting). Third Person ADS will apply to ALL weapons right out of the gate, including scoped weapons like the Crossbow, Scout Rifle, M1 Socom, and M40 Sniper.
The new system still needs community testing, which is why we’re initially rolling it out as a Solos Arcade Mode using the traditional BR Solos ruleset. We’re planning to run the Arcade Mode through May 23, and will host community surveys throughout that time so we can get your feedback and make any necessary tweaks before rolling out Third Person ADS in any other modes.
Along with developing and testing the new Arcade Mode, we’ve also been surveying the community on proposed balance changes our team has been considering to the EMP Crossbow, Combat Shotgun, and Vehicle Gameplay. Your feedback has confirmed our belief that the EMP Crossbow is the right weapon to start with. This update brings the following changes:
- EMP Crossbow explosive damage to PLAYERS has been reduced by 40%
- EMP Crossbow explosive damage to VEHICLES has been reduced by 35%
- Explosive AOE range has been reduced by 10% vs both vehicles and players
The May update also includes the Macho Crate, which introduces new weapon, vehicle and clothing skins, including the all-new Macho Outfit!
- New Arcade Mode: Third Person ADS
- Third Person ADS will run as a Solos Arcade Mode using the traditional BR Solos ruleset from May 2 through May 23.
- EMP Crossbow Balance: Overall Damage and EMP effect range have been significantly reduced
- EMP Crossbow explosive damage to players has been reduced by 40%
- The EMP splash range disabling vehicles has been reduced by 65%
- The EMP explosive range dealing damage to players has been reduced by 10%
- These EMP Crossbow tuning adjustments were implemented based on direct player feedback from our in-game surveys, forums and more. Thanks to all who provided feedback!
- The Macho Crate is now available! Drop-and-rock with the Macho LMG, ARV, or parachute – you can preview all the new items directly in-game.
- Camera orientation is now maintained when aiming down site as a passanger in a vehicle.
- When spectating, the spectated player’s position is now shown on the mini-map.
- Player health bars now remain accurate even when a spectating player quits.
- Players carrying no items who are killed while in a vehicle no longer drop an empty loot bag.
- Backdrop on Main Menu no longer occasionally disappears after exiting a match.
- Play button is now hidden for members of a team who aren’t the leader.
- “Hunter in BR” challenge can no longer be completed via suicide.
- Mashing X button when purchasing crates should no longer freeze the UI.
- Wildstyle Marauder Icon color scheme is now consistent with the weapon model.
- Removed broken text string that was displayed at the bottom of the Exchange item screen.
- Fixed “Go for Ride” challenge description to more accurately reflect the requirements.
- Fixed typo on End Screen UI that said “Damages” instead of “Damage.”
- Fixed cut-off text for “Assisted By” on the player elimination UI pop-up.
- Urban pants no longer clip through footwear on female characters.