Greetings, pirates! The first full week since we launched the Sea of Thieves Anniversary Update has sailed by at speed, but we’ve spent that time going through your feedback to see what improvements and fixes we can get to you as soon as possible.
With this being our current focus, update 2.0.1 introduces several bug fixes across The Hunter’s Call, The Arena and Tall Tales – Shores of Gold feature sets, adding an extra layer of polish and smoothness to your Sea of Thieves experience.
Here are the details !
- Players will now consistently be able to see their health bar when bringing up the equipment radial.
- Improved inactivity detection to better identify inactive players across the Sea of Thieves.
The Hunter’s Call
- Alliance members will now correctly receive ‘hand in’ notifications when other members of their alliance hand in Hunter’s Call items.
- Casting a line while swimming underwater is now prevented.
- Harpoon tethering of an object now behaves correctly through server migration.
- Ship flags shown on the ship’s map table will no longer show incorrect iconography following a migration.
- Player instruments are no longer muted while the tavern and contest countdown music plays.
- When starting a contest, the scoreboard will now show the correct score when digging up the first chest.
- Players should now consistently hold onto their clothing and equipment loadout when entering or leaving a contest.
Tall Tales – Shores of Gold
- Opening a Collector’s Chest while holding it can no longer cause the items inside to ‘pop’ out.
- Turning a puzzle block while it is underwater will correctly show bubble VFX.
- Reading a quest book while running in the rain no longer causes visual issues.
- Items stored inside Collector’s Chests should now always be visible and collectable when moving and reopening the chest.
- ‘The Shroudbreaker’ – Ambush skeletons should no longer spawn on top of each other.
- ‘The Legendary Storyteller’ – Players can now see the key on Mermaid’s Hideaway once it is dug up rather than a floating tooltip.
- ‘The Legendary Storyteller’ – Players losing Briggsy’s Chest before they have removed the quest items will now be informed as to why their Tale has failed.
- ‘Wild Rose’ – Adjusted a Collector’s Chest dig site to avoid clipping with a barrel placed close by.
- ‘The Art of the Trickster’ – The Rum Bottle Spyglass should no longer revert to an incorrect model on some occasions when viewed in the radial menu.
- ‘Revenge of the Morningstar’ – When placing the final Tale Items on the altar, they will now be on the correct plinths and facing in the right direction.
- ‘Revenge of the Morningstar’ – All crew members should now correctly receive the Morningstar Outfit when retrieved from the Morningstar Chest.
- ‘The Shores of Gold’ – Compass Vault no longer has areas where players can become stuck in geometry and get teleported out to a safe location.
- ‘The Shores of Gold’ – Adjusted various areas of the chasm where players could get out or see out of the environment.
- ‘The Shores of Gold’ – Central rock formation can no longer cause players to become stuck.
- ‘The Shores of Gold’ – Players who are left behind after their crew engage the Gold Hoarder will no longer create incorrect checkpoints in the chasm after the encounter, causing them to become trapped.
- ‘The Shores of Gold’ – Players losing the Gold Hoarder’s Coin will now correctly fail the Tall Tale and must return to Morrow’s Peak to restart.
- ‘The Shores of Gold’ – Skeleton Ships will no longer spawn for crews inside the Shores of Gold shroud.
- ‘The Shores of Gold’ – Following Tale completion, the Shroudbreaker should no longer reappear attached to your ship when returning to the world.
- ‘The Shores of Gold’ – Gold Hoarder Skeletons will no longer rudely interrupt the final cutscene if they weren’t destroyed during the encounter.
- ‘The Shores of Gold’ – Skeletons should now path more predictably outside the Compass Vault.
- ‘The Shores of Gold’ – Skeletons that spawn inside the chasms will now automatically attack nearby players to prevent crews from raising the capstans without engaging.
- ‘The Shores of Gold’ – Adjusted timing on the Shores of Gold approach sequence to ensure the island banner audiovisual cue does not clash with the shroud music.
- Pirate Feature Loss – After Arena sessions, players may find that their pirate loses equipment, clothing and/or vanity chest selections. While players can re-equip most items, this has the potential to affect features such as eye colour, age etc. If you are affected by this issue, please raise a support ticket with our Player Support team for us to address.
- Collector’s Chest Migration – During any Tall Tale, players who open a Collector’s Chest, leave the chest behind and subsequently migrate may find that their Tale fails.
- Shroudbreaker Migration – During ‘The Shroudbreaker’ Tall Tale, players who migrate servers after retrieving the Shroudbreaker may not receive Tale progress when returning to the Mysterious Stranger.
- Incorrect Player Spawning – In rare cases, players may find that returning from the Ferry of the Damned or using a mermaid teleports them to incorrect locations in the world rather than back to their ship.
- Health Bar UI Delays – When regenerating health from cooked food, taking damage may cause a delay to the health bar update.
- Sea Dogs Tavern Purchase Delays – Players who purchase an item from the Sea Dog Tavern shop shortly before migrating to a new server will not immediately see the purchase in their inventory. The purchase has been successful, but will only be shown when the player returns to the tavern after their next contest.
- Missing Phrases on Food Items – Some food items show available phrases in the pirate chat radial, but selecting them will not correctly send them to other players.
Download and Installation
Xbox One: 2.62 GB
Xbox One X: 2.62 GB
Windows 10: 4.45 GB