3.9.2f Patch Notes
- Added new functionality and made improvements to Item Filters. You can read more about them here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2771031
- Improved performance related to monster and minion pathfinding.
- The following items now allocate to the Map Maker when they drop: Timeless Jewels, Ivory Watchstones, Awakened Gems, Awakener’s Orbs, Conquerors Exalted Orbs and Uniques from Legion, Blight, Metamorph and Conquerors of the Atlas bosses.
- Reduced the damage of the Storm Call skill that Baran-influence monsters used. They will now only use the skill if they have line of sight to you.
- You can now use /hideout to return to your Hideout while in Tane’s Laboratory.
- Improved the performance of Acid Magma Orb Effect and Harbinger Magma Orb Effect.
- Improved the visibility of various weapon effect microtransactions when applied to the Colossus Sword.
- Restored the skull to the top of the Syndicate Flag Hideout Decoration.
- Fixed a bug where the Power Siphon on-death effect could be played multiple times on a single monster. This fix also improves the performance of Power Siphon in general.
- Fixed a rare bug where Malachai in The Harvest and Core Map could sometimes fail to transition to his second arena.
- Fixed a client crash that could occur when using Leap Slam while it had the Harlequin Leap Slam Effect applied to it.
3.9.2e Patch Notes
- You can now spawn Atlas influence in a Region that had already spawned that same influence in the previous ‘cycle’.
- Added a notification when completing an Awakening Objective.
- Blight monsters that are following a Blight path no longer ‘aggro’ to players when they are damaged.
- Added an information hover to the Atlas Inventory.
- Added reminder text to the “Supported Skills throw up to 4 additional Mines” stat on Minefield Support. The behaviour of skills supported by Minefield is unchanged.
- The currency type dropdown is now ordered alphabetically, with Chaos Orb as the default option, when pricing an item in a Public Stash Tab.
- Removed the Guild Stash from Tane’s Laboratory.
- Updated various error messages to indicate that items with Catalyst Quality or the new Influence types cannot be split using the Bestiary recipe.
- The blood paths outside of Brutus’ arena have been restored.
- Adjusted the positions of Acid Caverns’ Citadel so that it isn’t partially hidden by UI elements.
- Fixed a bug which prevented additional Conquerors of the Atlas from spawning if you had migrated your Atlas from SSF while you had a Sirus encounter ready to open.
- Fixed various cases where the Immortal Syndicate warning would appear when it shouldn’t.
- Fixed another bug where extremely strong Ignites sometimes dealt no damage.
- Fixed a bug introduced in 3.9.0 which caused Divination Cards that created Influenced Magic items to instead give Influenced Rare items.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to get stuck in the Menagerie cages.
- Fixed a bug where declining the save option when changing your Item Filter caused the most recently selected Item Filter to be used.
- Fixed a visual bug where distortion effects appeared around thrown Dynamite.
- Fixed a client crash that could occur when Frost Bomb was cast by a monster on top of a Mine with the Void Emperor Mine Effect microtransaction applied to it.
3.9.2d Patch Notes
- Fixed a client crash when exiting to Character Selection.
- Fixed a client crash when linking maps in chat.
- Fixed a client crash related to displaying advanced descriptions on items.
3.9.2c Patch Notes
Metamorph & Conquerors Improvements:
- Maps now display their Atlas Region by default. Holding Alt displays Map Completion, Bonus Objective Completion and Awakening Objective Completion status.
- Added frames to the Map Stash which indicate if a Map is influenced by a Conqueror.
- Added visual indicators at the centre of the Atlas which display which Conquerors have been defeated. These visual indicators are removed upon opening portals to the Eye of the Storm.
- Clicking anywhere on a Citadel with a non-Unique Watchstone on your cursor now sockets that Watchstone into the appropriate socket if one is available.
- Adjusted the positions of various Citadels so that they aren’t hidden by UI elements.
- Opening a Map that is affected by multiple of the same or similar Sextant modifiers no longer consumes a use of the duplicate Sextant modifier.
- The Mark of the Shaper and Mark of the Elder unique rings now grant both bonuses if your other ring is Shaper and Elder influenced.
- Sirus, Awakener of Worlds now drops Influenced Items when killed.
- Immunity to Shock now correctly prevents you from being Shocked while standing in the Desolation of the Awakener ground effect.
- Added a visual indicator to Maps in the Map Stash which indicates if the Awakening Objective has been completed.
- Added a visual indicator to Watchstones and Watchstones socketed in Citadels which indicates whether or not they have a Sextant applied to them.
- Added some additional modifiers to the pool of modifiers that Awakened Sextants can apply.
- Portals to Maps which contain a Conqueror encounter now use Zana’s portal effect.
- Fixed a bug where Maps that had already spawned Influence for a specific Conqueror had a lower chance to spawn Influence again than intended.
- Fixed a bug where Conqueror’s Exalted Orbs didn’t respect the “Cannot roll Caster Modifiers” and “Cannot roll Attack Modifiers” modifiers.
- Fixed a bug where portals to the Conqueror encounters could spawn in inaccessible locations.
- Fixed a bug where applying a Sextant to a Watchstone socketed in a Citadel could generate the same or a similar modifier which was already on another Watchstone in that same Citadel.
- Fixed a bug where various modifiers found on the Precursor’s Emblem unique ring were not affected by Quality applied by Catalysts.
- Fixed a bug where various Chaos Resistance modifiers were not being increased by Quality applied by Prismatic Catalysts.
- Fixed a bug where the “x% reduced Mana Reservation” modifiers which affect Herald skills were not affected by Fertile Catalyst Quality.
- Fixed a bug where you could allocate passives connected to another class’s starting passives by allocating a passive immediately connected to that class’s starting location through the use of the Thread of Hope unique jewel.
- Fixed a bug where the Metamorph UI always displayed a missing organ in the Basilica Map, even when the area was fully cleared.
- Fixed various performance issues that could occur when encountering Conquerors and their monsters in Maps.
- Fixed a visual bug where only the creator of an area would see the organ collection graphic when killing Metamorph targets.
- Unique Maps can once again be searched by name on the Atlas.
- Divination Cards which grant Shaper-related items now have their Shaper background once again.
- Maps that are Influenced by The Shaper or The Elder now have a fancy background or border.
- Fixed a bug where Ignites applied by Explosive Arrow sometimes dealt no damage.
- Fixed a bug where Volatile Dead orbs didn’t detonate when reaching the maximum amount allowed (60).
- Fixed a bug where Vaal Temple Map could be obtained through the 3 to 1 Map Vendor Recipe.
- Fixed a bug where a Terrain Generation Failure could occur when entering the Plaza Map.
- Fixed a bug where mana reservation costs for an Aura could be much lower than intended through the use of Spell Totem and the Ancient Waystones unique jewel.
- Fixed a bug which prevented using the Time Portal to leave an Incursion.
- Fixed a bug where PvP-only characters could enter the Azurite Mine.
- Fixed a bug introduced in 3.9.0 that made the Miracle Map Device much bigger than intended.
- Fixed a client crash that could occur when getting near party members who were using the Chains of Command unique body armour.
- Fixed an instance crash that could occur when using Lightning Warp Mines.
3.9.2b Patch Notes
- Re-enabled the Convert Maps button in the Map Stash Tab.
- New instances of Tane’s Laboratory can now be created by Ctrl + Clicking on the World Map Pin.
- Monsters killed in Tane’s Laboratory are now removed after a short delay.
- Added additional quest information that displays when Watchstones drop.
- The Map Tier of The Vinktar Square unique map is now determined by the minimum item level of the Agnerod staves used in the vendor recipe.
- Reduced the area of effect and damage of The Purifier’s Weapon Throw.
- The Hungry Loop unique ring can no longer consume corrupted Support Gems.
- Improved performance when using Arctic Breath supported by Traps, Mines or Totems against large groups of monsters.
- Improved performance related to trail effects.
- Added 3D art for the unique sceptre The Black Cane.
- The NPCs in Karui Shores have been moved around slightly to more convenient positions.
- Added a Noticeboard and Event Noticeboard to the Karui Shores.
- The Karui Shores and Oriath now use the same public party list.
- Skitterbots are no longer targetable in PvP.
- Fixed a bug where the Monster pack size from the Booming Populace unique Ivory Watchstone didn’t apply to Maps.
- Fixed a bug where various Incursion resistance and energy shield modifiers were not affected by Catalysts.
- Fixed a bug where Swift Affliction and Awakened Swift Affliction could support the same skill.
- Fixed a bug where Empower consumed by a Hungry Loop unique ring was providing double its intended effect.
- Fixed a bug where the “x% reduced Mana Reserved” Redeemer influence modifier was able to be on the same item as the same modifier from Shaper influence or Fossils.
- Fixed a bug where Terror of the Infinite Drifts’ Burrow skill could cause her to get stuck in terrain or leave the encounter area in Tane’s Laboratory.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to teleport to party members in Vaal Side Areas even if they didn’t have the correct quest flags.
- Fixed a bug where Chaos Golem monsters in Vaal Side Areas were dealing much higher damage than intended with some of their skills.
- Fixed a bug where Blight Portals could spawn behind the vault door in Vault Map, preventing the monsters from pathing to the Ichor Pump.
- Fixed a bug where various maps which contains Hideouts could sometimes get out of sync, preventing players from entering the map.
- Fixed a bug preventing players from entering areas near a Beyond encounter in the Azurite Mine.
- Fixed a bug that prevented removing Shaped Maps from the Map Stash Tab.
- Fixed a client crash that could occur when using Perforate.
- Fixed a client crash that could occur when using Barrage supported by Blastchain Mine Support which had the Void Emperor Blastchain Mine Effect microtransaction applied to it.
- Fixed an instance crash that could occur if the final Conqueror of the Atlas died just before their Meteor skill hit the ground.
- Fixed an instance crash that could occur when Brutus used his Hook skill.
- Fixed an instance crash that could occur when using The Saviour unique item.
- Fixed an instance crash that could occur when making choices in the Betrayal Investigation board.
3.9.2 Patch Notes
- Added a new vendor recipe for Metamorph organs. Three of any organs can be given to receive a random organ differing from those offered, with random rewards.
- Fixed a bug which caused Metamorph bosses to become unfreezable. They can once again be frozen, however they have a higher ailment threshold relative to map bosses with similar amounts of Life.
- Adjusted a number of Metamorph skills, including the Reliquarian’s Firestorm, the Shavronne & Brutus Hover Slam, Tentacle Miscreation projectile skills, the tracking Mortar skills (including those used by Oriath zombies and Kitava’s Heralds), Burning and Caustic Ground-creating skills and several others. In general, these will now either deal less damage or be easier to avoid.
- Increased the timeout for the Tane’s Laboratory area closing when empty.
- Fixed an uncommon case where Metamorph organs were missing when the area had been cleared.
- Fixed a bug where players could sometimes get trapped in the vat in Tane’s Laboratory.
- Fixed some of Tane’s talk options being available at the wrong time.
- Visual effects from monsters that give organs dying now correctly remain rather than being removed shortly after.
- Fixed the incorrect Atlas quest information being shown after migrating a character.
- Fixed a bug where Citadels were still being hidden when the boss encounter was not available.
- Fixed a bug where Influence items were not dropping from monsters in maps influenced by Conquerors of the Atlas (they could drop from chests).
- Fixed a bug where the “Defeat Conquerors Conditionally” challenge conditions were sometimes not completing correctly.
- Fixed a bug where the Conquerors of the Atlas bosses would retarget when taunted.
- Added new lore objects to the Conqueror of the Atlas boss areas.
The Awakener fight
- The Awakener has been decreased to level 81 from 84 at Awakening levels 1 to 5, increasing by one for each additional Awakening level. He is still level 84 at Awakening level 8, and this only affects the item levels of his drops.
- Specifically reduced the damage on a majority of The Awakener’s skills at everything below Awakening level 8.
- Prevented the storms in The Awakener fight from being able to occupy the space near the arena entrance, so you no longer can enter and be inside a storm.
- Changed the behaviour of the storms so they no longer pursue the player or their minions. Instead they more organically maneuvere the arena in a way that should cause more openings to travel around freely while still applying some limitation.
- Adjusted The Awakener Storm and Desolation skills to do less damage to minions.
- Increased the damage of The Awakener’s Multiclone Beam skill.
- Fixed a bug which could result in the Awakener fight not progressing if he traveled too far in a single Throne Phase.
- Fixed issues when playing in a party where the effects from the Meteor skills could be invisible.
- Improved the visibility of the The Awakener’s Desolation ground effects.
- Removed the blocking terrain from the stairs in The Awakener arena.
Other fixes and improvements
- Added 3D art for The Ivory Tower unique body armour.
- Fixed DirectX 11 implementation that would use too much memory. Affecting mainly Windows 7 users, and Windows 10 users with old GPUs.
- Fixed a bug where Awakened Cast on Crit was adding a cooldown to supported skills.
- Fixed the new influence gem level mods incorrectly snapshotting.
- Fixed a bug in some cases where the Volatile Dead limit was not being enforced.
- Fixed more cases where multiple Vaal Side areas could spawn attached to an area.
- Fixed a bug where Sulphite could not be gathered in areas above level 83.
- Fixed the item filter settings not saving when using languages other than English.
- Fixed a bug where updating an item filter on the website would de-select it in-game.
- Fixed item names displaying incorrectly on rare items when using the Russian language.
- Re-straightened the curved paths on the world map.
3.9.1c Patch Notes
- Fixed a bug after migrating a character that could cause Citadels to be missing.
- Fixed another client crash that could occur at Legion encounters.
- Fixed a client crash when supporting some skills with Arrow Nova Support.
- Fixed an instance and client crash that could occur during a Metamorph encounter.
- Fixed an instance crash that could occur in certain Betrayal states.
- Fixed a rare instance crash that could occur in Mao Kun.
3.9.1b Patch Notes
- Fixed a problem with shaders that could result in worse performance (particularly for Windows 7).
- Fixed a bug affecting the distribution of organs in Metamorph League. They should now actually drop evenly. We will also be adding a recipe later to help players with excess organs.
- Fixed a bug where some unique monsters in maps that were not considered a map boss could drop organs.
- Fixed a bug in Metamorph League where Tane Octavius would appear before all parts were found.
- Fixed a bug where Disintegrator was not giving Siphoning Charges.
- Fixed an instance crash that could occur when leveling up a Skill Gem under certain conditions.
- Fixed an instance crash that could occur when summoning Animate Guardians.
- Fixed a client crash that could occur when changing tabs in the Microtransaction Shop.
- Fixed a common client crash.
- Fixed a bug related to Metamorph encounters that could result in an instance crash.
3.9.1 Patch Notes
General Fixes and Improvements:
- Re-enabled migration of SSF and Private Leagues.
- Fixed a bug where multiple Vaal side areas could generate in an area.
- Fixed a client crash when killing a General during a Legion encounter.
- Fixed a common client crash.
- Fixed numerous Totem Microtransactions not working with some of the new Skills.
- Fixed the Crucible Hood clipping when worn on Ranger.
- Metamorph samples are now collected automatically when monsters die.
- Every Map Boss can now be chosen for all organ types for Metamorph League. This will result in an even distribution of the different organs to use in Tane’s Laboratory.
- Volatiles spawned by Metamorph bosses will now die without exploding when the boss dies.
- Removed the special character from Tane’s name as it is not correctly supported.
Atlas Fixes and Improvements:
- Added capability to search by Region Name in the Map Stash Tab.
- Added some explanatory text to Watchstones to explain how they can be used.
- Atlas Citadels are now only hidden when the boss encounter is available. This allows you to change your Watchstones and apply Sextants with more freedom.
- You can now run the same Map multiple times to encounter the Conquerors of the Atlas. After the first encounter it will have a 33% chance to occur again in the same Map. Running different maps will still cause it to be deterministic. Once you have encountered the final boss all are once again chance-based.
- Zana Atlas Objectives can now offer Shaper Guardian Maps as options as long as you are in a Tier15+ Map.
- When you cause monsters spawned by the Conqueror’s Influence to appear it will now also cause all nearby monsters of the same Influence type to appear.
- Fixed a bug which allowed the large Snake monsters spawned by the Hunter’s Influence to be Magic or Rare.
- Fixed a bug which resulted in the Shaper, Shaper Guardians, Conquerors of the Atlas and Breach Bosses to not update their Life actively as players joined the instance.
- The banners spawned by the Warlord’s Influence no longer grant damage immunity to surrounding monsters, they instead just provide reduced damage taken.
- Fixed a bug where the banners spawned by the Warlord’s Influence could affect other banners.
- Fixed a bug which resulted in players having to do one fewer fight of each of the Conquerors before being able to fight the final boss.
- Fixed a bug where the monsters which are spawned upon defeating other monsters in Maps with the Crusader’s Influence could inherit unintended Modifiers which could result in them being unable to take Damage.
Final Conqueror of the Atlas’ boss fight:
- The final Conqueror of the Atlas’ Meteor Maze ability now has more time to escape the Maze before damage is dealt.
- The final Conqueror of the Atlas no longer has blocking during their Meteor Maze ability, so they cannot prevent you from escaping the Maze.
- The final Conqueror of the Atlas now teleports to the centre of the Meteor Maze skill upon starting it.
- The final Conqueror of the Atlas’ Meteor Maze ability now correctly deals damage if you’re outside of the first Maze Wall.
- Did further improvements to prevent players from getting stuck inside Walls for two of the final Conqueror of the Atlas’ abilities.
- The final Conqueror of the Atlas’ quad beam ability now ends when the boss is defeated.
- Added an effect to more clearly mark out the edge of the temporary Arenas created by the final Conqueror of the Atlas.
- Fixed a bug where the height of the projectiles from the final Conqueror of the Atlas’ Corridor Blast Skill were at the wrong height (a visual bug).
- Fixed a bug where the final Conqueror of the Atlas could be invisible under rare conditions when leaving and returning to the area.
- Fixed a bug where the final Conqueror of the Atlas wasn’t receiving their damage mitigation decaying buff when entering their final phase.
3.9.0f Patch Notes
- Fixed a client crash affecting players with AMD graphics cards.
- Fixed an invalid quest state occurring when Influence on the inner Regions of the Atlas was not upgraded.
- Fixed the Chasing a Dream quest not updating correctly when playing in a party.
- Fixed a client crash when Vaal Temple was inhabited by an Elder Guardian.
- Fixed another common client crash.
- Fixed an instance crash related to Tukohama’s Totems.
- Fixed an instance crash that could occur from monster Shield Charge variations.
3.9.0e Patch Notes
- Fixed an incorrect quest state for unlocking Citadels.
- Fixed a bug where Zana missions could offer Elder Guardian Maps earlier than intended. The minimum tier before these maps are offered by Zana missions is now 14.
- Fixed a bug where Incubators could be used on items they’re not intended for.
- Fixed a bug in Metamorph League where organs could be placed in the Anointing slot, resulting in a crash.
- Made further adjustments to stop items getting stuck in Watchstone Altars.
- Fixed a client crash occurring when using Dynamite in Delve Mines.
- Fixed another client crash occurring with Pestilent Strike.
- Another potential fix for a client crash in Metamorph League when encountering Tane Octavius.
- Fixed an instance crash that can occur during The Awakener fight.
3.9.0d Patch Notes
- Tane Octavius is no longer targetable during a Metamorph encounter.
- Tane Octavius no longer shows up near area transitions that are not yet enabled. This fixes common annoyances in the Merveil and Vaal Oversoul encounters (among others).
- Reduced the chance of receiving the Cadiro outcome from Metamorph’s Perandus rewards as it was more common than intended. Reduced the number of stacks of Perandus Coins that drop from the Cadiro outcome, but doubled the amount of coins in each stack. This results in the same amount of coins on average but less clicking required to pick them all up.
- Fixed a bug where Reward Symbols would be visible in the Metamorph UI, but it did not have text describing what the reward would be.
- Fixed a bug where reward descriptions and symbols were sometimes incorrect. This fixes many reports from players who expected to receive a 6-linked Unique Body Armour but the actual reward was intended to be a Rare Weapon. Sorry!
- Fixed a bug where Maps that were corrupted into a Map that should have been one tier higher were instead corrupting into lower-tier Maps.
- Fixed a bug where Itemised Metamorph Samples could be used in the “Convert this Unique Item” Bestiary recipe.
- Fixed another case of Unnamed Monster Components dropping from Metamorph targets. This also fixes the issue where the Metamorph UI would display samples that didn’t exist.
- Fixed a bug where Praetorian Guards, when summoned as a Metamorph minion during an encounter, would be unkillable.
- Fixed a bug where vendoring three of the same Map didn’t check that the tiers of all Maps vendored were the same.
- Fixed a bug where some players were not able to take Zana’s portal back to town after the Awakener encounter.
- Fixed a bug where completing Shaper Guardians Maps caused all Maps in the Atlas of Worlds to be completed.
- Fixed a client crash that could occur in the Vilenta and Eradicator encounters if you used Ensnaring Arrow during the encounter.
- Fixed an instance crash that could occur in the Temple of Atzoatl.
3.9.0c Patch Notes
Made various cosmetic and balance improvements to the Conquerors of the Atlas boss fights.
- Fixed the “Skill parent object didn’t exist” crash.
- Fixed a client crash that could happen when Metamorphs transform after you have used Pestilent Strike on them.
- Fixed a bug where Zana would not offer a map inside a Legacy map if you had not unlocked her yet.
- Fixed a bug where the Conquerors could spawn items inside the Watchstone Altar, where they could not be picked up.
3.9.0b Patch Notes
- Fixed a bug where the Hidden Vaal Pathways Prophecy could always fail to generate some areas.
- Fixed a bug in Metamorph League where map bosses sometimes did not drop organs.
- Temporarily disabled the “Convert Maps” button in the Map Stash Tab, as there were problems converting to the new layout.
- Fixed a common instance crash occurring when resuming some monster skills.
- Fixed a client crash related to the Shop UI.
- Potential fix for a client crash in Metamorph League when encountering Tane Octavius.
Server Side Hotfix
- Fixed a bug where Uber Hillock was in Act 6 Twilight Strand.
- Fixed a bug with Vaal Oversoul’s skill behaviour, which resulted in repeated skill use.
- Fixed an instance crash occurring with Shield Charge.
- Fixed an instance crash related to Prophecies
- Fixed an instance crash occurring with Volatile Dead.