Welcome to Realm Royale, a class-based battle royale set in a fantasy universe. In Realm Royale, you’ll utilize both weapons and abilities to conquer the Realm and be the last player standing. When you dive into the Realm, you’ll be faced with many new and exciting gameplay elements that make the world unique. Let’s discuss some of the key factors to getting started in Realm Royale.
When you start a match, you will select one of four Classes: Warrior, Hunter, Assassin, and Mage. Each Class has its own unique advantages with weapons and abilities you’ll find throughout the Realm. While players can use any of the items they find as they explore the world, each Class will have weapons and abilities that help support each Class’ role within the game. A Warrior, for instance, specializes in charging into battle wielding Axes and Hammers, where a Hunter may use its dodging prowess and mastery of the bow to gain the upper hand in combat. Mastering each class and its advantageous abilities are key to claiming the Crown Royale.
Realm Royale offers many unique combat interactions through its inclusion of weapons and abilities. Each player may hold two weapons, ranging from standard weaponry like Assault Rifles and Shotguns, to exotic weapons like Throwing Axes and Longbows. While any class can fare well with the standard weaponry, each class will have certain advantages with specific weapons and abilities. For example, an Assassin will gain Cooldown bonuses to abilities like Hidden, which serves as a means to remain stealthy and gain an advantageous angle on your opponents.
There are two types of abilities: basic abilities and movement abilities. Basic abilities will offer active offensive and defensive actions to take in combat to help defeat your foes. Movement abilities will allow you to travel, escape, or surprise your enemies. Each Class begins with a movement ability, but you are free to use whichever ability you find while looting!
When your health reaches zero, you’re not out of the game, at least not if you know how to escape your foes as a Chicken! If you survive long enough as a Chicken, you’ll be back in the action and ready to seek revenge. Learning to maneuver as a chicken will keep you in the game longer!
In Realm Royale, you can use your Mount for quick transportation between points of interest. There are vast sandy deserts, frigid mountains, an iridescent mushroom forest, and many more areas for you to explore – use your mount to explore the Realm and find the loot to best suit your playstyle.
While exploring the Realm, you’ll discover Forges scattered throughout the map that allow you to craft Legendary Weapons, Combat and Mobility Abilities, and Healing Potions. Of course, crafting doesn’t come without a price! As you find items you don’t want to use, you can disenchant items to accrue Shards, the currency you need to craft gear at the Forge.
Once a Forge becomes active, it will make a fair amount of noise and billow out smoke, alerting nearby players that something is being made. Be ready to defend your well earned items, or take advantage of the situation to lay a trap for your opponents!
Each Forge can only craft each type of item once per match, so consider carefully which items to make to propel yourself to victory. Fortunately with your trusty steed, you can visit multiple Forges in a game to craft the items you’ll need as you explore.
Finally, the Forge allows players to craft Resurrection Scrolls, which will bring eliminated teammates back to life! This comes with a hefty Shard cost, but it may be worth it to bring your friends back into the fight.
Each Class has a Talent System, allowing you to further customize your gameplay experience to match your preferences and playstyles. Each class starts with 10 Talents unlocked, providing passive bonuses to general stats, the weapons and abilities you use in combat, and which items you will craft at the Forge.
As you level up with a Class by playing, you will unlock additional Talent options for each of the 10 Talent slots. Select your Talents carefully to build upon your preferred playstyle: if you have a preferred weapon or ability, there are many talents that offer you advantages to the weapons of your liking. For full details, see our Talent System blog.
As you make your way through the Realm, you may hear some snickering from unseen foes. These mischievous creatures have been collecting weapons and treasures of battles past. Find and defeat them to steal their loot! Loot Goblins don’t stick around for long, so you’ll need to defeat them quickly before they retreat back to their lairs.
You may also hear a Zeppelin overhead during a match. Follow it closely, as they will drop Legendary Chests containing Epic and Legendary Weapons, Abilities, and Runes! Legendary Chests and Goblins can drop items found nowhere else in the Realm, so they may be worth the risk to pursue.
- Is Realm Royale free to play? Where can I download the game?
- Realm Royale is free to play on PC, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4. Players can find Realm Royale on the Steam store.
- Which platforms are crossplaying?
- Currently, PC, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One are crossplaying. We will be sure to announce if and when crossplay compatibility extends to additional platforms.
- Are there bots in the game? Why?
- AI are currently in the game for a number of reasons, and the team is constantly keeping an eye on the number of bots in a match to ensure that gameplay feels smooth and rewarding. At the current time, AI players help us to ensure that players enter matches without needing to wait in queue for extended periods of time. They also allow us to test with the functionality of NPCs for future features we are testing with the game. Over time, there may be adjustments to the number of AI players that are in a match as we keep an eye on data and monitor the gameplay experience.
- What is the Battle Pass?
- The Battle Pass offers players the ability to continually unlock content as they play Realm Royale by accruing XP and leveling up. Each level will grant items or content to the player. Players can progress on the free track to earn items, or can unlock the premium track in exchange for Crowns. The premium track also gives you a +50% Battle Pass XP bonus, so be sure to unlock it early! If you decide to unlock the Battle Pass after playing on the free track for a while, you will be rewarded all of the premium track content corresponding to the level you have reached.
- How long do seasons/Battle Passes last?
- Battle Passes will be arriving during the Open Beta on a regular cadence. Right now the team is looking to have multiple Battle Passes in a year, each spanning around 3 months in length.
- I found a bug and/or have feedback, where can I report it?
- Realm Royale has an official Discord server where we have channels dedicated to all available platforms for feedback and bug reports. A number of Heroic Leap Games staff are available for direct help as well!
- Can I stream or create content Realm Royale during the Beta?
- Yes, under certain conditions. Fan video creation (including streaming and VODs) of our games, including Realm Royale, is subject to the Hi-Rez Studios Policy for Streaming Videos and VODs. For other types of fan content, please check out our Legal FAQs. We also have a Content Creator Kit to help you create that awesome fan content (but our lawyers want us to clarify that that’s only with respect to fan content that is in compliance with our policies).
- Where do I buy crowns?
- Crowns may be purchased in the in-game Shop!
- How often does Realm Royale update?
- Our goal is to patch every six weeks, bringing new exciting content and/or features into Realm Royale with each update.
- Where can I stay up to date on Realm Royale news? (Twitter, Facebook, Steam, Discord, Website)